My scrap area is small (only 7 x 12). Because I'm in a finished attic loft, the challenge for me is the outer wall of my room -- it's only 2 feet high -- and then I have to contend with a ceiling that has a nearly 45-degree slope. Despite my short stature (I'm only 5'2"), I am constantly bonking my head on it. You can see pictures here. Only about 4 feet of that 7-foot span is usable space for standing. Plus, it gets pretty warm up there during the summer.
While I am going through the 8-week Get Organized Challenge, in the back of my mind I will be trying to decide whether I want to stay in the loft or move my scrap area down to my dining room (which has stood empty, waiting for the "perfect" dining room table for over a year). There is tons more space, it stays pretty cool, and I don't hit my head. But what if I finally see the perfect dining room table? Therein lies my dilemma.
OK. Back to the Challenge. The challenge this week is as follows:
- Use my craft supplies to create a "Big Benefit" reminder, and a reward list for each of the 8 challenges I complete. It has to be hung up somewhere where I can see it every day.
- Read the 4 Section System Article here.
- Create my "Themes" index.
- Gather my supplies together in one room or space.
- Set my purge goals, get a purge box, and find a home for my purge.
- Evaluate my space for visibility and accessibility. Make changes and prepare the space for my supplies.
- Join the 2011 Get Organized Challenge Group on Facebook.
I got my "Big Benefit" page (item #1) put together by Wednesday ... but man, I had a hard time with the rewards. I really don't have to work my schedule around a husband or kids (just a pesky job), so the "leave me alone" time is pretty much whenever I want, and I don't have to answer to anyone else for my spending either ... so I really had to work to get some rewards that would motivate me. Here is what I ended up with:
I finally got my Themes Index (item #3) done on Sunday night (I was sidetracked by a weekend crop at Archiver's with my sister -- I'll post more on that later). I had to add a couple of new themes after my visit, but it's also done now.
The last item on my list was #6, and I'm still debating the loft vs. dining room question. Hopefully, I'll have that sorted out soon. Tonight ... webinar #2!