Tuesday, March 27, 2012

File Folder Mini-Album

About a month ago, I was trolling around YouTube for ideas and ran across a video for a mini-album using re-purposed manila file folders (tutorial part starts around 2:45).  I was intrigued.  You see, I had two full boxes of file folders that I knew I would never use (but have probably packed and moved them twice in the last 6 years) because they weren't third-cut.


I followed along with the video and made my own mini-album.  It's not bad for a first try ... I like the way it turned out:
Front cover


You can use any configuration of pockets, flaps, etc.

Bling always makes it interesting!

Back cover
This would make an excellent gift for graduation, summer camp, class trip, cruise, or pretty much any occasion.  It's also a great way to use up your scraps!


When all was said and done, I probably spent about 6 hours putting this together - from start to finish - but it would probably go much faster if it was planned and organized (which this totally wasn't) and by someone who has more experience.

1 comment:

  1. This design would be one of the best designs I've seen for folders. I never knew that engraving letters would really look great. Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete